Germany Will Win World Cup
I am fully convinced that Germany will win the World Cup. Miroslav Klose has already scored the most goal in World Cup history and he isn't slowing down anytime soon. Here is why Germany will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Despite having Lionel Messi, Argentina is outmatched when it comes to goal scorers. Argentina has scored only 8 goals this World Cup compared to Germany's 17. Germany destroyed Brazil 7-1 just days ago and proved that they are not short on offense. Here's a look at some key statistics:
- Argentina Goal Scorers
- Lionel Messi - Best player in the world - 4 goals
- Marcos Rojo - 1 goal
- Angel di Maria - 1 goal
- Gonzalo Higuain - 1 goal
- 1 goal from an own goal
- Germany Goal Scorers
- Thomas Muller - 5 goals
- Andre Schurrle - 3 goals
- Miroslav Klose - 2 goals
- Mats Hummels - 2 goals
- Toni Kroos - 2 goals
- Sami Khedira, Mesut Ozil, and Mario Gotze - 1 goal apiece
It can be argued that the midfield of a team is the most essential part and Germany has the best midfield in the world.
- Ozil has been a stud since 2010 where he was nominated for the Golden Ball Award at the 2010 World Cup
- Muller is Germany's leading goal scorer and has been on fire in Rio. He will test the Argentinian defense and their keeper, Sergio Romero
- Klose. Enough said. FIFA World Cup's all-time leading scorer only adds to an already impressive German midfield.
With arguably the best midfield in the world, Germany has the potential to be as dominate against Argentina as they were against Brazil.
It is a well-documented fact that Brazilians dislike Argentina. Expect the home crowd to show up in full force for Germany. If the game is close, a boost from the crowd will be all Germany needs to finish what they started in the "Group of Death." On Sunday, they will be crowned FIFA World Cup Champions.